UCL logo


PhD study at CASA

CASA accepts applications for admission to MPhil/PhD study throughout the year. In order to be considered for acceptance you must send a 1,000-word research proposal along with your Graduate Admission form. We strongly recommend that a full copy of your application is sent to us here in CASA as well as submitting your application directly to the UCL Admissions Office.

The person at CASA you should send your copy to is:

Matthew Claridge
Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis
University College London
1-19 Torrington Place
London WC1E 7HB

Before completing an application form, please consider how you will fund your studies as UK universities rarely have funding for PhDs. Our overseas students are primarily self-financed or in receipt of a scholarship from their own country.

Our UK students are generally in receipt of a scholarship from a UK Research Council (such as EPSRC or ESRC). A very small number of scholarships are available within UCL - but these are extremely highly competitive. Infomation is available from UCL's Scholarships page.

In addition to tuition fees, you need to consider how you will fund your living expenses for the duration of your studies. Accommodation in London is also expensive, and we are unable to support students who run into financial difficulty.

For further information please visit the following page: Graduate Application & Entry